Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ah the city lights and busy streets...this is my home!

I'm sitting at the PDX airport right now, waiting for my flight to Japan. Since I won't have internet access or a phone there (I know, I'm cut off from the world!) I thought I'd update my blog before I left :)
I'm so exited to go back to my hometown, Tokyo! There's so much to do there...if you keep a bucket list, I urge you to put visiting Tokyo on there. My plan is to see my friends from elementary school, shop A LOT, sleep, eat the best food in the world, celebrate new year's (biggest holiday in Japan!) and work on art of course ;) I'll have tons of stories and pictures to share once I get back, but for now here's a tiny pictorial tour of my favorite things:
Shibuya, the busiest crosswalk in Tokyo and the absolute center of the night life and shopping!






Takeshita Dori of the Harajuku District - all those black specs are people! It's crazy crowded and it's one of the cheapest and coolest places to shop.


Design Festa - My absolute favorite art gallery in the back streets of Harajuku. Artists can rent rooms to feature their work - so  cool!

1 comment: